Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ephesians 2:11-18

Has anyone ever told you, you are beautiful? Well if no one has said it lately, you are beautiful. You may say you have never seen me before, but I believe any and everyone is beautiful in there own ways.

Today my father preached on Ephesians 2: 11-18. His topic was "And the Walls came tumbling down." The main point of his sermon was to look inward and to figure out what walls you need to have tumble down. Could it be things such as pride? Many of people believe Christians have a holier than though attitude and I believe that is the worst thing we should ever be known for.



Things I believe I do need to work on are things such as coveting. I always want the next best and big thing. I want the new IPhone 5, I get the new thirty-one catalog and I want to buy the whole thing. I judge, even though I have been judged before. These are both things I try and work on daily and I ask you to ask yourself what do you need to work on?



Think about the kind of people that followed Jesus. The people that Jesus personally choose to be his disciples, were some of the lowest of the low, but as Jesus said.

It is not what man puts in his mouth that makes him unclean, it is what comes out of his mouth that makes a man unclean.

You need to get right in your heart in order to get right with others to actually be able to experience peace, and true peace only comes when we invite Jesus into our hearts and minds, repent and our baptized into his name.



If you want to find peace, you need to tear down the walls you have built up, and let the Lord our Savior purify and cleanse your soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment