Sunday, October 14, 2012

We're Going On an Alphabet hunt, were gonna catch some letters.

So my crafty mind got the best if me today while stopping by CVS to get my medication. I drove past The Dollar Tree, and to my dismay I stopped in.

So here's my wants:
1. Something fun
2. Something durable
3. Cheap
4. Includes God's word
5. Educational
6. Uses imagination

What I came up with:
An ABC book complete with computer paper foam and bible verses.

What your going to need:
1. Paper
2. Glue/double-sided tape
3. Scissors
4. Craft Foam
4. Page protectors
5. Pen/sharpie/marker
6. Bible/search engine (Google)
7. Rings for loose paper/string/ribbon
All things you can find at the dollar store.
8. Camera/phone
9. A way to print picture
10. A sense if adventure and humor



First We cut letters out of our craft foam, I helped my son (16 months old) with his safety scissors, his included the little spring to help open and not pinch fingers. (Dollar store).

Second, we used a craft type of doube-stick-tape I had lying around. (We were going to use Elmer's white school glue, but taps was much less messy) and applied our freshly cut letters to our computer paper. Leave room next to letter for picture.

Third, while my son was watching the Sprout channel, mommy, yes I referenced myself in third person because Ima boss like that, worked on finding bible verses up to the letter E and things to reference from the bible for each letter.

Fourth, wrote A is for... Then a scripture underneath.

Fifth, Slid our first page into page protector and secured with metal rings.

Sixth, repeat each step until you have completed each letter. (We are only doing a letter a day.)

Here's our completed A :



Last step: THE HUNT:
For this I simply showed my son the letter A. Then we walked around outside and inside as I pointed out objects that started with the letter A. As we were on out adventure we practiced making long and short let tee A sounds.

After our A hunt, we gathered our prey, then ate awesome letter A apples and peanut butter, amazingly appetizing. A wonderful end to our mommy son adventure day.


No comments:

Post a Comment